Free School Meals
If you think your child might be entitled to a free school meal, you can check entitlement or make a claim by visiting the East Riding website.
Queries can also be directed to the Benefits team on 01482 394799 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org You may also call into a local customer service centre.
In order to qualify for free school meals, the parent must be in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- Income Support
- Universal Credit – your annual income assessed by the department for Work and Pensions must be less than £7,400. Any pupil eligible for free school meals before 1 April 2018 when the income threshold is introduced will retain their eligibility until the end of the universal credit roll-out which is March 2022
- Child Tax credit (but NOT receiving Working Tax Credit) – provided your annual income (assessed by te Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190 (Please note this amount is subject to change every April)
- Employment Support Allowance (income-related)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.