Design & Technology
Design & Technology
Our design & technology curriculum is designed to encourage curiosity, enjoyment and resilience. During D&T, children develop their skills through the evaluation and analysing of how things work, using their new skills to design new products that have a purpose, meet specific criteria and solve problems.
• To develop a passion for Design and Technology
• To create children with creative and imaginative ideas that they want to develop and make in school and at home.
• For children to experience a wide and varied Curriculum, which leaves them able to actively participate in the changing technological world, as users, consumers, service makers, designers, innovators or observers.
• For children to develop their decision-making confidence, take risks and increase their sense of personal worth through the production of quality outcomes.
• To develop the skills to design and make real products that can be used allowing pupils a sense of real achievement.
• To show children how they can benefit from seeing their own progress and taking greater responsibility for their learning as they begin to evaluate the quality of their work.
• Encourage and celebrating pupils’ development and achievement via class books and twitter.
• Enable practical learning experiences that make the learning accessible to all pupils.
• Encourage pupils to use knowledge and understanding from across the curriculum and apply them in practical activities.
• Develop the skills to design and make real products that can be used allowing pupils a sense of real achievement.
• Show children how they can benefit from seeing their own progress and taking greater responsibility for their learning as they begin to evaluate the quality of their work.
• Provide high quality opportunities and resources.
• Provide contextual situations and experiences that give children a sense of ‘real-life’.
• To focus on the 4 stages of a product: research, design, make, evaluate.
• Gives them a sense of pride and achievement,
• To understand how ‘real-life’ design works,
• To appreciate the value and worth of a product,
• To make something that is enjoyed by themselves andothers.
• To be aware and understanding the implications of healthand safety in the workplace
Thank you for visiting our website
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find the information you are looking for. If you would like to talk to us about our wonderful school, please get in touch.