• To ensure that ALL children are physically active –
recommended 2hrs a day, one hour of which should be in school.
• Have a broad range of physical and tactical skill.
• Enjoy and see the benefit of exercise and the importance of fitness and health.
• To know the positive effect of exercise on the body
• To know the link between physical fitness and mental health
• To encourage pupil participation in a wide variety of physical activities.
• To ensure ALL children understanding the importance of sportsmanship and fair play.
• To create a health legacy for ALL our pupils.
• To create a love of sport and competition
• To give the children quality active breaks that build upon the skills they have been taught in their PE lessons.
• To provide an active playground with lots of opportunity for physical activity in both KS1 and KS2 such as outdoor gym equipment, adventure equipment and sports equipment.
• To make cross-curricular links to other subjects.
• To celebrate success of our pupils in physical activity outside of school during assemblies.
• To celebrate and follow the big sporting events each year.
• To provide high-level coaching via outside elite coaches.
• To provide opportunities to compete against schools in the local area.
• An increase in professional development for the staff on how to teach physical activity.
• To see an increase in the physical activity that leads to fitter and more focused children.
• To see a wider variety of children taking part activity across both Key Stages.
• To see an increase in participation and representation in school sport across the area.
• To see an improvement in the children’s work in books, by giving them a chance to refocus and recharge before, between and after lessons.
• To see a positive growth mindset/mental health.
• For the children to see the positive impact of staying active, both physically and mentally.
Thank you for visiting our website
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find the information you are looking for. If you would like to talk to us about our wonderful school, please get in touch.