Our computing curriculum aims to enhance and develop life-long skills for all children that they can use in jobs in the future. We focus on engaging children with up-to-date learning and technology and provide them with the tools they need to access all parts of the curriculum.
• To use computer technology to research and access knowledge and information.
• To understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science.
• To evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, to solve problems;
• To create responsible, competent, confident users of information and communication technology.
• To ensure all pupils understanding and participate in Internet safety.
• All class teachers discuss / teach online safety issues at an age appropriate level on a weekly basis.
• Each class completes computing within Topic sessions which allows them to develop their skills on different programs within the curriculum and apply their skills in context.
• Children use IT to present their work and understanding on a regular basis.
• Each child in school has their own Google Chromebook that allows them access to the curriculum independently.
• iPads are used to develop research, recording and programming skills across school.
• Various online safety assemblies throughout each year.
• Work is done on cyber-bullying by each class on a yearly basis.
• Children evidence their work by saving on the shared area or on their own drive within Google Classroom.
• All classes equipped with smart boards to allow staff to demonstrate computing skills to the children and to share interactive videos and slideshows.
• An external and internal mouse is used throughout the school to improve fine motor control.
• Discussing online safety on a more regular basis has certainly raised the profile of how to stay safe online. Children are more open and honest about their use.
• Children know how to share safely; understand consent; are open and honest about technology; think before they act; know how to create a safe password and keep it private; know what they should and should not post online.
• Confidence of coding is developing as the children develop throughout the school.
• Many children are confident users of IT and can therefore use ICT effectively both at school an at home.
• By the time they reach year 6, Children are able to use multiple programs to create a document or solve a problem.
• Children extend their learning via Google Classroom at home.
Thank you for visiting our website
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find the information you are looking for. If you would like to talk to us about our wonderful school, please get in touch.