• For children to gain the knowledge and skills required to stay healthy, happy and safe, and thrive in their futures
• To develop pupils’ confidence, resilience, and self-esteem, and their ability to identify and manage risk, make informed choices and understand what influences their decisions.
• To support children developing the essential skills for future employability and achieving economic wellbeing
• Support children in developing the capacity to be active and effective global citizens now and in their future
• To provide a safe and happy learning environment where children can express themselves freely
• For pupils to be encouraged to talk openly about their mental health and access support as and when required
• We follow the You, Me, PSHE scheme of work – a clear, comprehensive and progressive curriculum working in line with the National Curriculum which includes opportunities to links to BV and SMSC
• Typically, PSHE topics will be taught as weekly discrete sessions over a period of a half term, however this may be in blocks where appropriate so that we can best meet the children’s needs.
• Whole school, Key Stage and class assemblies always make a link to PSHE, British Values, Rights and SMSC
• Whole school ‘Wellness Wednesday’ promotes well being physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
• All lesson now begin with sharing of Ground Rules for PSHE – these rules are consistent in all year groups
• Children recognise the importance of personal attributes in gaining employment and financial stability
• Children have high aspirations for their current next steps futures
• Children can identify the features of a healthy relationship
• Floor books are beginning to demonstrate the progression of knowledge, skills and understanding.
• Children are demonstrating an understanding of ‘wellness’ and when they should seek support
• Children contribute positively to our local community
• Children have a healthy outlook towards school.
Thank you for visiting our website
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find the information you are looking for. If you would like to talk to us about our wonderful school, please get in touch.